Neither are those two boys of mine so you can imagine the fun we have here at my house each and every weekday morning. It usually goes something like this...
1. 6:15 a.m. Alarm goes off on the blackberry, dark and early. Get up, grab it off the charger before quickly jumping back under the covers and hitting the snooze button.
2. 6:20 a.m. Hit the snooze button as I curse the morning people who insist on starting the school at a quarter past the butt crack of dawn.
3. 6:25 a.m. Smack the sh*t out of the snooze button one last time.
4. 6:30 a.m. Have reached my snooze limit for the day and have no choice but to drag my grumpy, groggy butt outta bed and attempt to wake my two equally groggy, sleeping boys.
5. 6:35 a.m. In the kitchen fumbling with the coffee pot while bumping into things, and beginning to make breakfast which consists of pouring cereal and milk into bowls or nuking a frozen pancake and yelling down the hall to Dracen who has most likely not yet placed his feet on the floor.
6. 6:40 a.m. Head back down the hall in order to physically put Dracen's feet on the floor and force him into getting dressed.
7. 6:45 a.m. Back in the kitchen making Dracen's lunch and yelling down the hall for him to hurry it up already or possibly breaking up a kitchen table fight if both boys have somehow miraculously made it to breakfast by now.
8. 6:55 a.m. Losing my patience at the snail's pace in which they're crawling and/or the fact that Dracen is lying on the air vent in the bathroom floor or in the sunroom petting the dogs.
9. 7:05 a.m. Most likely yelling cease fire orders over my coffee cup because a fight has broken out over the bathroom sink or the toothpaste or the fact that Dracen is wearing Devin's socks again.
10. 7:10 a.m. to 7:15 a.m. Listening for the horn to blow (I drive the afternoon taxi) as I remind Dracen for the fifteenth time to locate and put on his socks and shoes as I help to locate any other missing items before finally wishing them both a good day as they head out the door and I kick back with the laptop and coffee because Amen, peace and serenity, it's time to blog!