So I knew I'd have no trouble at all with this week's listicle topic...
10 Clues That You Are Living In The Year 2012
1. You bought an old rotary phone at an antiques shop and had to give your kids a tutorial on how to use it because they had no idea what it was.
2. You buy and read books with a single delicate tap of your fingertip.
3. Your teenager plays video games and chats with all his friends though not a one of those friends is physically present (thanks to XBox Live).
4. Your teenager won't allow you to photograph him because he's terrified you'll post an unflattering view of him on facebook.
5. You can't buy a pair of jeans without being asked for your email address, your zip code, your preferred customer card (most likely attached to your key ring) and if you'd like to save 20% today by opening a store credit card.
6. When you hear that someone 'went viral' you don't envision them hugging the porcelain throne.
7. You often catch yourself saying things like, "Well, when I was your age we had to go to this place called the library to look things up...kinda like the media center at your school."
8. You surf the net daily yet you don't live at the ocean nor do you fish or own a surfboard.
9. Your nine year old tells you he's locked out and you know this simply means he's forgotten his iPod touch password...again!
10. You know that if you don't tweet it, text it, email it, blog it, facebook it, Instagram it, pin it or post it to YouTube, then nobody is ever going to believe it really happened.