So I've simply decided to recall ten sweet memories from this past week...
1. Dracen accidentally calling me Mommy twice. He started calling me Mom many moons ago and he says it many, many times in a day, let me tell you. I didn't let on that he slipped but I could not help smiling when he said, "Mommy..uh, I mean Mom!"
2. Just the week before last, I told y'all about my new found
3. Sitting in the sunroom a couple of days ago and looking up to see a bird had flown in the house. (The doggies are bad about pushing back in but I haven't been able to teach them to close the door back behind them.) I was about to panic, thinking it was going to fly off into the other part of the house but it perched on top of the door instead, cocked its little head, made eye contact with me and then flew on back outside. That doesn't happen every day!
4. Finally enjoying my first Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte of the year while out running errands on Wednesday. About time! It was worth every penny.
5. Finding some money in the pocket of my coat I just pulled out of the closet and wore for the first time this year. Love when that happens.
6. Reading The Spider and the Fly to Dracen at bedtime the night before Halloween. I've always had fun with that one and I know he is getting dangerously close to outgrowing bedtime stories.
7. Fishing all the Fun Sized M&M packs out of the bowl of Halloween candy I bought (for us...we don't get trick-or-treaters here) and heating them in the microwave to warm them just so before devouring every last one. In my defense, I spread it out over two days!
8. Gaining an hour. It always feels good to go through the house turning all the clocks back, knowing I'm about to get an extra hour of sleep! Sleep is my friend.
9. Having plenty of room to breathe in a pair of pants I drug out of the closet that I had outgrown last year. Happy dance.
10. Singing one of my all-time favorite hymns at church on Sunday, Marching to Zion.
It's the little things, ya know?