1. Airsoft Guns. I know my sons so why I let them have these at the time is beyond me. They shot the floodlights out. On purpose.
2. Jeggings. The Christmas before last I was out shopping when I saw these. I had been wanting to try a pair but these were in packages like tights come in so I couldn't try them on. I went ahead and bought them anyway. Big mistake. Big. HUGE. (Name that movie) The foot opening was so tiny I could barely fit my big toe in. And of course I never got around to returning them so eventually they went to the Salvation Army. And then somehow Conan O'Brien ended up with them.
4. Fondue Pot. For the 5 lb chocolate bar. I couldn't just let that thing go to waste so I ordered a fondue pot from Amazon so we could make fondue out of it. Obviously we never made the fondue and now the fondue pot sits in the unopened box in the garage which is why I never pass by a fondue recipe on Pinterest without pinning it. Because one of these days...
5. Bonus Room Furniture. Not that I didn't like the furniture because I did/do like the furniture.Very much. But after waiting on its arrival for weeks and weeks, we quickly realized that it was not, under any circumstance, going to fit through that smaller than average door leading up to the bonus room. So it was either leave it in the garage with the car or cut another door in the wall. We got us a new door.
6. Matching Peach Rompers with Matching Peach Hair Bows. My BFF and I did this in the tenth grade (1986) and then wore them to school on the very same day (yes, on purpose). I don't think I have to tell you how that went over.
7. Garfield Collection. Okay, so I didn't actually buy them for myself but I requested that they be bought for me. For years. I had a Garfield hoarding problem. I found this old pic with some of them in the background. This is the same BFF from number 6, a few years after the peach romper incident. That's me with the hair and hippie head band. Peace, man.
8. Strawberry Nesquik. I was all about my chocolate Nesquik when I was a kid. It was the only way I'd drink my milk. Sometime during my childhood our grocery store started carrying the strawberry flavor and I begged my mom for it and although she tried to warn me, we bought it anyway. I got the worst belly ache I'd ever had in my life and to this day I cannot stomach the thought of strawberry milk. Dracen got some Strawberry Mini-wheats last week and I can't even go there.
9.Tiny LEGOs. Because we have all, as parents, stepped on those little b*tches with our bare feet too many times to count. I'm pretty sure it was in those moments that my boys heard their first four letter words...right outta mama's mouth.
10. Leather Sky-high Wedges. I ordered these online the summer before last. I wore them precisely once. I rate the pain right up there with stepping on LEGOs. I'm not sure my toes have completely forgiven me yet.