1. Get up before the butt crack of dawn. Nope. Ain't happenin'. My old friend, Sleep, and I are going to have us one heck of a good time reunion.
2. Feel like a complete imbecile because I can't figure out the 7th grade math homework and be forced to say, "You're going to have to wait until Charlie gets home. I've got a splitting headache"!
3. Make breakfast and pack a lunch while it's still dark outside, before my eyes are completely open and before I've even had so much as a whiff of coffee.
4. See the middle school's number on caller id. Not.even.once. Ahh...Sweet bliss.
5. Make two separate trips daily to pick up kids at two separate schools who inconsiderately insist on a 55 minute difference in their release times.
6. Lose any sense of sanity I had left before 7:00 a.m. because THEY WON'T STOP FIGHTING OVER THE BATHROOM SINK!
7. Be forced to crack my whip and lose my temper in order to get homework done. Never mind that I'll still have to do that to get the daily chores done. Positive thoughts...positive thoughts....
8. Feel like the heel on a piece of burnt toast all day long because the first morning hour went so many different kinds of wrong.
9. Enforce early bedtimes for the night owls. Myself included. What can I say? They get it honest.
10. Hurry the days away. Nope. I'm gonna soak up every last drop of each and every structure-free minute.
Now come on, June 8th!